PRINT IS NOT DEAD
From time to time, people are surprised when I tell them I’m a print designer. Many assume that if you’re a graphic designer, then you must be a web designer. In this age of digital media, what we do at Savvy Graphics is considered an art form. It is the art that truly makes a client stand out and look great. When digital media came into it’s own, it was heralded that we would become a paperless society. And well… HA! is all I have to say about that….
1) Print is classic. Print is tangible, physical, real and credible. The human connection you get from print is missing from the digital world. You don’t get the same feeling when you get “something” from someone. Even if it’s as simple as a business card. It’s the human connection that cannot be replaced with digital media.
2) Those classic strengths are amplified by context. In today’s digital clutter, and the current rush to social media, print has the potential to stand out and be special. Fresh, welcome, surprising, personal, disruptive, meaningful. Statements that a company brand values itself and its customers.
3) Print lends itself to certain audiences and offerings where the communication actually needs to be retained, contemplated or trusted. Luxury goods and premium services and fundraising, memberships, event invites and announcements, real estate and purchases are telling examples.
4) Print’s special role comes with responsibility: superior print design, well crafted production, strategic deployment and sustainable manufacture and distribution matter more than ever.
5) Print will always have a place in the world because when people have an emotional decision to make or want to read for pleasure, more people want to do it with a printed piece.